Here is part 2 of our run-down of the top 100 reasons how you know if you are an Irish Basketball player! If you have any to add please hit us up in the comments, on Facebook, Twitter or Snapchat! If you missed part 1 of our list you can check it out by clicking here.
26. You get hyped watching an Irish international team beat Russia on a Saturday afternoon! (Sorry, had to throw it in there, COYBIG!)
27. You have a unique knowledge of American cities and states and you know exactly which ones are east coast and which ones are west coast. This always amazes even the smartest of your friends.
28. You sigh everytime someone calls it a ‘ basketball match’… it’s a F^*&$*% GAME Dammit!
29. Same goes for calling a court a ‘pitch’, a basket a ‘goal’ and stealing the ball ‘tackling’.
30. You barely know how to turn a computer on but at the same time know everything there is to know about VPNs’ and proxy servers.
31. You’re on the break and someone shouts ‘MAN ON!’.
32. Someone asks to bounce your ball and they proceed to lift their leg up high to bounce it under their leg.
33. People ask if you if you play in attack or defence.
34. You started playing basketball in school when you realised it meant you actually got out of school.
35. Every time you play a Lithuanian team there is always one guy who wears bright green shoes.
36. Someone is pulled from the crowd to ‘do the table’ for the game . . .
37. … and you intentionally show up late so you aren’t the one asked to do it.
38. You know at least one player who appears to play better when hungover / still drunk.
39. The round the back lay-up is a staple component to every warm up.
40. You’re admiring someone’s fresh kicks…only to see a fresh pair of white Umbro socks sticking out the top.
41. It is impossible to shoot a corner three because there isn’t enough room between the sideline and three point line.
42. You play against one guy who looks like he has never played basketball in his life and has the worst shooting form you have ever seen. He then goes on to drop 8 three’s in the game.
43. The only baseline out of bounds play your team runs involves “screening the screener”.
44. You wonder why one of your teammates speaks with an American accent despite never having visited the States. If you don’t, then it’s probably you so stop it.
45. You’ve been at a premier league/national league game and there are more people on the court than in the stands.
46. You consider it a lot when a team has practice more than once a week.
47. For away games you have to sort out who’s driving/taking their car.
48. Once your team-mate can do a “rim grab” lay-up, that will be the only thing they will do in a lay-up line. Ever.
49. It is impossible to play basketball during university exam periods.
50. There are a few thousand different coloured lines on the court and you have to ask the ref before the game which ones are for basketball.